Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day Two: 3


I call it the meditation diet for many reasons.

One, because I was able to teach it to others who suffered from the disease of obesity. I was able to take others who had suffered the isolation as I had suffered it and teach them to be perfectly aware of their bodies and finally escape their prisons.

I call it this because I now realize that in principle it is the same effect described in most eastern meditation traditions, especially the Zen tradition. I now know that this was my first encounter with the muses. My first muse was my obsession with weakness, and how to escape it.

For some reason, that I have not yet discovered, this muse came upon me and caused me to completely gain perfect awareness and control of my own body. Right down to the molecular components that make my cells.

This awareness allowed me to access my avatar (my mental projection of myself) and through him control my body. My avatar is nothing more than a mental projection of myself, created within my own mind to guide me into this perfect understanding and use of my body.

This is the meditation diet. In all of its simplicity, to become so disgusted with oneself that you become totally self aware. Cell by cell, neuron, by neuron, protein by protein, charge by charge.

Without the disease of obesity, I cannot offer this self awareness rapidly. It is as if the anxiety of great fatness has its own particular frequency which I have somehow learned how to access and grant great power.

The power over one's own body.

The moment my avatar guided me to the greatest possible division of time I perceived, for the very first time, the muses.

The muses are difficult to describe.

In essence they are nothing more than the unconscious factors which motivate human behavior. Condensed in ultra efficient nodes, which we can think of as archetypes.

Archetypes can be loosely defined, as it once was by the strange psychologist Carl Jung, as concepts and trends in human beliefs that seem to transcend culture and time.

Jung may have been wrong about much, but in the slowing down of time, and with the most amazing ability to perceive my inner workings so precisely I saw them.

They stretched out like whole notes, carrying all of the melody of my higher consciousness.

They were made mostly of the emotional storm which raged in my midbrain, my limbic system, the inner brain structures which are known to cause our emotions.

Yet they have crucial feedback from higher centers.

The muses.

Like Jung's archetypes they are varieties of self projections. The hero, all of them from Luke Skywalker to Jason and the Argonauts. The great sage: from Merlin to Marx.

The adversary: from Satan to Loki to Osama bin Laden.

The human drive rode the synaptic tide of the muses. I only perceived them for a moment, and I became passionately committed to unlocking their secrets.

Did they evolve? Did everyone have them? Did they have a life of their own? Where they just artifact and I was mistaken about their causal role in human motivation?

I would not perceive the muses again, as the nano-second perception was difficult to hold. I was not adept enough yet. I still had work to do.

As I recoiled from the great force of will I became aware of my avatar once again.

My avatar was at perfect peace, like an ancient Egyptian Sarcophagus, golden and imminently present.

"Are you a muse?" I asked.

"Of sorts," answered my avatar, "You can think of me as your realization of your own potential."

"I am what happens when you catch a glimpse of yourself as a god."

It was when my avatar said this that I walked into him, instantly facing the greatest amount of harmony.

At first it was a difficult fit, like the collapse of virginity.

Then, moment by moment, my self-awareness was amplified. I no longer needed my avatar. I was my avatar.

I sat, in a Dallas alleyway, in the lotus posture. And I felt my enzymes dance for hours and hours.


In only two days time the meditation diet had taken me to the elevation of a god.

No comments:

Post a Comment